Isn't that a question we all ask ourselves from time to time. We had an incredible D-Now weekend. The Bible study was intriguing, the activities were exhausting, and the food was amazing. We had over 31 students participating with us, and we are seeing some more excitement with our youth. But really, where do we go from here?
This is not a time for us to sit back and talk...we are called to action! There are some wonderful Sunday School teachers and parents who are working in the background to ensure that we do not lose the momentum our church has worked and supported together to build. Developing relationships with each other and being intentional within those relationships is an important step. One way you can make that happen is to participate in the activities we have planned for our youth in the next couple of months. Some of the events already on the calendar include:
- ·Lock-in starting at 5:00pm—May 17
- ·Graduation Sunday—May 19 (we need youth to serve the meal)
- ·Asher Kenerly—youth intern arrives—May 19
- ·Dive-ins—May 29 and most Wednesdays all summer
- ·Camp Hawkins—June 12, 13, 15—go over in the morning and return each afternoon AND also help unload the campers in front of the church on June 16th and join them as they sing in our morning worship service
- ·Vacation Bible School—June 17-21 (a special trip is planned on the 21st for the youth who work in VBS)
- ·CentriFUGE—TBA—we are trying to nail down a specific date, so watch for that announcement
We are working on planning other activities, and we will announce them as they are finalized. We want our youth involved and active in the ministries of our church, but we also want them to know it is ok the have fun while you are participating.
The Youth Minister Search Committee is meeting on a regular basis as they search for the person God has planned for us as our new youth minister. The search committee has committed to working together to find that person, and the committee asks that each of you to please keep the members of the search committee in your prayers. Also, please continue praying for whomever the Lord had planned to come serve in our church as the Youth Minister. Pray that his/her heart will be open to serve the Lord at FBC Jesup, and pray that we will welcome him/her with open arms and open hearts.